The TSC has updated its monitoring and evaluation tool for teachers from its earlier version. Some changes have been incorporated like; the role of deputy- fill in weekly class lessons attendance for teachers and sub-county education official roles in managing the school within their jurisdiction.
To fill in the new TPAD you have to be registered on the platform, have filled in the hard-copy, scanned supporting documents, and have respective student’s class performance. Log on the TPAD dashboard, fill in the appraisal required details (teaching standards, learners progress and submit for the observer to fill in the agreed marks for the observed lesson.
Steps on how to fill TSC TPAD 2 online?
- You need to be registered on the platform (create the account; https://tpad2.tsc.go.ke/auth/create_account)
- Fill in your login details (TSC No, ID No, and the Password) https://tpad2.tsc.go.ke/auth/login
- Have the filled hard-copy TPAD to use to fill in the required details (Teaching standards, learners progress, and class attendance)
- Have scanned copies of the lesson plan, the certification is undertaken, and any other relevant supporting documentation that needs to be uploaded to authenticate.
- Check the Observer (Deputy, Principal, or the HOD) has filled in the agreed marks on the observed lesson. The observer needs to fill in marks before its submitted.
- Submit your TPAD,(should be showing 100% completed)
How to fill TSC TPAD Online for Teachers
Here is a step-by-step explanation on how to fill teachers TPAD online for both primary and secondary school teachers.
Step:1 Log in to the TPAD dash board
Fill in your TSC No , ID No and the Password used when registering.
Step 2: Create New Appraisal for the Term
Once you logged in the dashboard create the appraisal for the term.
TIP: You are supposed to create the evaluation when the term starts. In addition to creating the appraisal evaluation tool, you need to fill your teaching subjects and classes with their respective Target grades.
How to create the appraisal?
- Select the self appraisal on your left hand side to give you more options.
2. Click on create appraisal button
3. Fill in the appraisal details; year, select term(1,2 or 3), and the eligibility ( on duty or on leave respectively) when you select on duty it will create the appraisal. If you select not-on-duty select the reasons below appropriately
4. Then, Save appraisal details filled.
TIP: However, if for various reasons you had not created the evaluation tool at the starting of the term, create it, to be able to fill in the required details.
Step 3: Click on the New Appraisal
On self Appraisal dash board the new saved appraisal will appear, click on the new created appraisal for more options. Click on proceed to appraisal.
TIP: You are required to create the appraisal tool always at the beginning of the term.
Step 4: Fill in Required Details
On the page that appear on the dashboard fill in the required details
- Fill in teaching standards
Here how you supposed to fil the teachong standards
2. Fill in the achieved marks/grade for the respective classes.
here how you suppossed to fil in the targets
TIP: Remember the target marks are supposed to be filled at the beginning of the term once you create the appraisal.
How to Create Lesson Observation for TPAD Online
The teacher is required or supposed to get lesson observation at least once per term. Unlike the old TPAD, the new TPAD requires you to book for lesson observation online preferably a day before.
- On your TPAD dashboard select Lesson observation (on the left-hand side of your TPAD click on self-appraisal, then below the self-assessment button select lesson observation ). Once selected it will give you a new page “My lesson observation”
2. Select/ click on the request lesson observation button. The new page will appear where you need to fill the class, lesson, and time of the lesson observation as part of the comment.
3. Once filled send request.