The KCB paybill number is 522522. To deposit money to your KCB account via MPesa, go to Mpesa menu, choose Lipa na Mpesa, then Paybill, enter 522522 as the paybill number, then enter your KCB account number, and then the amount in the respective fields. Send and enter PIN to confirm the transaction.
The KCB account, however, independently uses Safaricom services such as their paybill number, 522522, to conduct various transactions.
This article will guide you on how you can deposit and withdraw from your KCB account using Mpesa services.
What is the KCB Paybill Number?
KCB Paybill Number is 522522.
From a pay bill number, KCB bank has allowed its customers to enjoy fast and reliable transactions like deposits and withdrawals in minutes. A straightforward connection between the bank and mobile money services.
Accessible to all registered users, the pay bill number has devised a system where real-time transactions can take place 24/7. Their pay bill number is 522522. Once you input that as the business number, you can transact whichever way you like, including sending, depositing, and withdrawing.
How to deposit money from M-Pesa to KCB
Below is a step by step guide on how to can transfer money from your Mpesa account to your KCB bank account:
- Go to MPESA on your mobile phone and choose Lipa na Mpesa
- Select the paybill option.
- Enter the KCB paybill number 522522.
- Select okay and move to the next step.
- Enter your KCB account number in the Account field. TThe format will be 0010 xxxx xxxx.
- Key in the amount you want to transfer to your KCB bank account in the next field.
- Enter your secret Mpesa PIN when prompted.
- Confirm all your details and select okay to finalize the transaction.
Once you have sent the prompt, a quick confirmation message will pop up on your phone where you need to confirm the details of the transaction again.
You can press cancel to allow the transaction to complete or you can input a digit to stop it from finishing.
Once it’s complete, you will receive a message to verify a successful transaction, which shall also reflect in your bank account.
How to Withdraw from KCB to Mpesa
Another simple way to use the pay bill number is to withdraw from your KCB account to Mpesa. The process is a bit longer but straightforward. You have to be a registered user of its KCB M-Benki service or have a pre-installed KCB bank app.
Since the application is simple to comprehend, here’s a guide to registering for the M-Benki service;
- Open your Safaricom Mpesa menu.
- Select Lipa Na Mpesa and choose pay bill option.
- Select the business number and add in OCB Mpesa pay bill number 522522.
- Select the account number and key in your ID number like this – ID987xxxxx, no spacing. Select okay.
- Key in the amount and select okay.
- Add your secret Mpesa PIN.
- Select okay
After that, you will receive two messages, one to confirm the transaction, and the next to give you Details for your M-Benki account, including pin, user ID, and M-Benki number. After that, you will have access to your account using their short code, *522#
KCB USSD Code
When it comes to withdrawing, you can directly use the application, or the USSD CODE, following the guide below;
- From your mobile phone dialer, key in *522#.
- Key in your KCB M-Benki pin, select okay.
- Select MyKash from the drop-down menu. You will have to select the recipient.
- Either send to your phone number or another phone number, select and move on to the next step.
- Add in the withdrawal amount which should be between Ksh 50 and Ksh 70,000.
- A verification pop up message will appear where to will be notified on the transaction and costs applicable. Select okay if all is well.
You should receive a confirmation message to ascertain a successful transaction. Terms and conditions will apply including the standard Mpesa charges.
From the article above, you can see the process is as straightforward as it gets. Easy access to deposits, withdrawals, and sending money. Using the KCB Mobi bank, also referred to as the M-Benki account, you can quickly transfer money in and out of your account.
Better yet, Safaricom allows for free deposits into your KCB account and only little charges applying for sending money and withdrawals.
Check out Latest News in Kenya Here